Konekt offers the five-day initial HSR training and the one-day HSR Refresher for our customers working under the Comcare, ACT and NSW jurisdictions. Offered onsite at customer premises or at our training rooms in Adelaide and Canberra, these courses are delivered by WHS consultants with extensive knowledge and current practical experience in the WHS field across a variety of industry sectors.
The five-day course provides HSR’s and Deputy HSR’s with the knowledge, skills and experience to exercise their powers responsibly and effectively when representing members of their Work Group. The course is practical, workplace focussed and incorporates many opportunities for group discussion, interaction and pro-active learning.
Topics covered over the five days include:
- WHS legislative framework including duty holders and their duties;
- Role, function and powers of the HSR;
- Incident notification;
- Consultation and negotiation, Provisional Improvement Notices (PINs) and cessation of work;
- Hazard identification, risk management, workplace inspections and report writing.
The one-day Refresher gives HSR’s and Deputy HSR’s the opportunity to review the knowledge, skills and experience gained through the initial five-day course, obtain updates on recent case law and the implications for their workplace, and discuss issues that they have encountered in their role as a HSR/Deputy HSR in a safe and supportive environment. Key topics include:
- WHS legislation and case law;
- Review of the HSR role, function and powers;
- Hazard identification and risk management;
- Share experiences as a HSR and learn from each other.
Incident Response and Investigation Training provides participants with the basic investigation and analysis skills needed to undertake workplace accident and incident investigations. With practical, realistic case scenarios, the training covers:
- Managing initial responses to incidents;
- Developing investigation plans;
- Collecting information and data;
- Analysing information and data gathered to identify immediate and underlying causes and practical prevention measures;
- Compiling and communicating investigation reports.
Developing Psychologically Safe & Healthy Workplaces workshop provides a framework to help organisations not only comply with the Work Health & Safety obligations but also realise performance productivity, reputation, employee engagement, and retention benefits associated with a psychologically healthy workplace.
Konekt offers a unique tailoring option, enabling you to mix and match sessions to meet the specific training needs of your organisation. Ask us for more details.
Contact usClick on the 'Make an enquiry' button below to make a general enquiry.
Or click on the 'Training courses' button for a more detailed expression of interest and one of our consultants will call you to discuss course availability in your area. Note: not all of our courses are available at each training location. For further information regarding training and dates of available courses please contact your nearest Konekt Office.