Konekt offers the HSR Initial Training (5 days) and the HSR Refresher Training (1 day) to our customers Australia wide, these courses are delivered by WHS consultants with extensive knowledge and current practical experience in the WHS field across a variety of industry sectors.
The HSR Initial Training (5 days) course provides HSR’s and Deputy HSR’s with the knowledge, skills and experience to exercise their powers responsibly and effectively when representing members of their Work Group. The course is practical, workplace focussed and incorporates many opportunities for group discussion, interaction and pro-active learning.
Topics covered over the five days include:
- WHS legislative framework including duty holders and their duties;
- Role, function and powers of the HSR;
- Incident notification;
- Consultation and negotiation, Provisional Improvement Notices (PINs) and cessation of work;
- Hazard identification, risk management, workplace inspections and report writing.
The HSR Refresher Training (1 day) course gives HSR’s and Deputy HSR’s the opportunity to review the knowledge, skills and experience gained through the initial five-day course, obtain updates on recent case law and the implications for their workplace, and discuss issues that they have encountered in their role as a HSR/Deputy HSR in a safe and supportive environment. Key topics include:
- WHS legislation and case law;
- Review of the HSR role, function and powers;
- Hazard identification and risk management;
- Share experiences as a HSR and learn from each other.
Konekt offers a unique tailoring option, enabling you to mix and match sessions to meet the specific training needs of your organisation. Ask us for more details.